Thursday 23 January 2014

The paper's get it wrong.....again!

An article recently featured in Bridgwater Mercury “Aristocrat places curse on painting purchaser” and Somerset County Gazette “Aristocrat Sir Benjamin Slade issues curse in 18th century portrait painting dispute” regarding a missing painting in American owned by me. Some of the facts mentioned in these articles were incorrect so I wrote to the papers to point out the following:

Sir Michael Slade, my father, died in 1962. My furniture and possessions were initially stored by my elder sister Lady Rotherwick (nee Sarah Jane Slade), as I was only 16. When she moved house in 1967, this furniture all went into storage with Chapmans of Taunton. It was taken out of storage in 1974 and all bills were paid.  Lady Rotherwick died in 1978. Some of the property, including this portrait, disappeared and seemed to have been lost either by Lady Rotherwick or the storage company, Chapmans, and sold dishonestly to America. Ninety per cent of the furniture is now in my possession – the remaining 10% being the objects purloined by Lady Rotherwick and family.

I hope this clears things up.

3 comments:

  1. I wish everything get better for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know for you those things may seem like problems. But they are not. Try being poor worrying about how you are going to keep a roof over your head or putting food on the table after you are laid off from your job of many years. You fight and you fight to try and get another job, while the stress takes a toll and your health begins to decline. people lack human compassion especially the very wealthy. Living pay check to paycheck as I did for many years i would always donate to someone in need because it was the moral thing to do. Just reaching out and helping someone in need warms my heart because I know how hard times cn be and I am living them now.

    If anyone would like to make a donation to me a fellow human being who is struggling and now in not so good health they can do so @ www.amazonpayments.com using the email address moonstruck1724@aol.com to send a donation.

    Sir Sade you seem like you are a very nice man I wish you well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Easter is a global festival filled with pomp and show. It's celebrated with a lot of excitement and zest by the Christian brethren throughout the globe.
    happy easter quotes sayings
    happy easter sunday photos

    ReplyDelete